Monday, March 23, 2009

Mutations

This may be something that is normal everywhere else in the world -- in New Zealand and the UK bank statements consist of 'transactions' -- but here in the Netherlands they consist of 'mutations'!

It seemed very odd when I read it the first time -- I'm not sure if it's a direct translation from English or if that's standard financial terminology that I've just never come across before, perhaps someone out there knows?

Either way, it's still funny to look up my mutations for the last week as in English it has somewhat different and negative primary connotations :)

2 comments:

  1. my back account has major mutations at the moment as i'm losing money on the stock exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a bummer, mine is a least mutating in the right direction now! Plus I did my first international transfer to NZ solely using the Internet! At last! I don't have to stand in queue for 20 minutes just to fill out a piece of paper anymore!

    ReplyDelete