Friday, March 13, 2009

It's a small world after all

Good (and bad) to see that some things are universal -- we had our first sales cold-call last night. There was the usual spiel rattled off in 5 seconds and the only thing I caught was the name of our landlord. I asked if they spoke English but already knew that they were trying to sell me something. A different operator came on the line, a trainer I guessed, and asked if I was the owner. I replied no and asked what they were selling. He said they wanted to offer me a better energy deal so I answered no thanks and hung up. Now I need to find out if there’s somewhere you can sign up to not receive these kinds of calls like there is in the UK.

UPDATE: A kind reader has added the url: infofilter.nl

2 comments:

  1. those lovely calls are very universal!
    i get them all the time, but in chinese...
    i now hang-up as soon as they speak.
    if it's importnat they will call back.

    ReplyDelete