Thursday, July 2, 2009

Shopping is a necessary evil for me -- my style is one of having a specific thing in mind, browsing for as little time as possible and then going in for the purchase as quickly as possible. So recently I needed to buy some new shoes as my current pair of brown CATs were looking a little worse for wear after 3 years.

Enlisting the aid of my girlfriend I went for a stroll along Kalverstraat. We were pleasantly surprised to find a great many shoe shops along the strip, more than we thought were there, especially in regards to mens shoes. I found 1 pair that I liked enough to try on in Sketchers but once I did I realized they weren’t for me… but while there I noticed another pair I liked and my girlfriend found a pair of slip-ons that I decided to try. I liked both so bought them with a little discount for buying two at the same time!

So anyway, you’ll see very few posts like this from me, but I did want to advise that shoe-shopping here in Amsterdam is very good!

Next on my list is a new summer jacket, yay.

2 comments:

  1. don't go getting all metrosexual on me now! lol
    but you know if i was over there i would give you a good run for your money!

    and i'm glad you did that impulse buy of a second pair. it's not like you but it must have rubbed off from me or that girlfriend of yours. (most likely her if it rubbed off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very Gok Wan. It'll be a post on hair products next.

    I like the lace ups though.

    ReplyDelete